Sunday 19 April 2015

My forgotten playlist...19.04.15

So it's the first Sunday in a long time where I've been able to sit down on my sofa for more than a couple of hours. In my restful state, my imagination (for some reason or another) took me back to remembering some songs from my teenage years I hadn't come across in a long time. So I had a little journey back to the early noughties (that always makes me giggle!) and this became my Sunday afternoon forgotten playlist...enjoy!





Calvin Richardson-Keep On Pushin'

The only reason other than Alicia Keys for singing fallin' over and over again. 
Such a great tune and a smooth voice.





Nivea feat R.Kelly-Laundromat

I realised that most of the RnB songs I liked growing up always had a 
lil' phone argument the beginning, this is classic example!
 Oh and this line-'Girl' quit playin', I'm the only thing you got- 
you're the only thing I got well then I must not have a lot'- I probably sung this line whilst twirling  my hair on top of the washing machine..another favourite past time!




Solange Knowles- Feelin' You

Beyonce's sister more often known now for her Funk style came out with this in her earlier days. I remember hearing this on one of my brothers mixtape CD's. I couldn't stop listening to it. The melody is uplifting and somewhere in the production I'm pretty sure I can hear some little hummingbirds...no? Anyway, this used to keep me happy so it made my list.





Tweet- Call Me

Talking of Hummingbirds, this song from Tweet's Southern Hummingbird album was also a fave of mine. More famously known for taking her shirt off over her head (Oh my...!) this one didn't get the same recognition as 'Oops, Oh my!' But I like Tweet's style and attitude in this song, so here she is:





Dream- He Loves You Not

So remember when P.Diddy made a girl band? I do, because I watched MTV far too much! I always stole the 'grass is greener on the other side' move from this video and claimed it was mine whenever I made up a dance with my buddies (sorry Diddy). This is a bit of pop, sugar, candy and Aguilera all mixed in a big MTV bowl. I loved it.





NORE feat Nina Sky and Daddy Yankee- Oye Mi Canto

This is more of a callback to Nina Sky, the twins who brought us 'Move Ya Body' and harmonised their way onto MTV Base for a while. This reminds me of summer and inappropriate dancing for my age. We've all done it! 




Cam'Ron-Oh Boy FEAT Juelz Santana

That little voice always got stuck in my head, 'oh boy'. Cam'Ron is still a clear memory for many I'm sure, but this made it on to my playlist with extra bopping and chipmunk singing included!




Jaheim- Fabulous

I'm ending on a heart tugger here. Aside from the exceptionally cute kids in this song, the message and the melody gives a little sunshine to my day, and makes me think everything will be alright.






No comments:

Post a Comment