Saturday 4 April 2015

WHY I LOVE SOHO THEATRE

The Soho Theatre on Dean Street has been bringing me some delightful evenings out recently.  A much loved centre for new writing, comedy and cabaret, this theatre has a great bar with a great choice of BEER, and you can order hearty Burgers Pizzas or even Bagels to fuel your laughter session.

The other week, my cousin Jen and I had a much needed 'cousin date' (although we live together we hadn't had any proper FAM time so we called a FAMILY meeting) at the Soho theatre, watching Pajama Men do their work in progress hour for £5! Our tummies hurt after watching them so we actually got a free abs workout too :)

After a couple of post work drinks (I'm not even sure who paid for those but thank you!) she took me to Tuk Tuk noodle bar on Old Compton street first, where we both had a beer and a Masaman with Rice for £8 each! If my maths is correct that is a cousindate with food and show for £13 each! Look out for the work in progress nights for a cheap and very cheerful ticket.


Last night I went with my friend Andy to see The Beta Males do their Edinburgh 2014 show 'Happenstance'. I enjoyed how the narrative built with this group and certain characters like the rhyming slang copper will go into my character favourites list (we all have those don't we?)

I'll be spending more time here for sure. Have a look at how to support them here:

http://www.sohotheatre.com/support-us/

Places like these who support creative endeavours need our investment. Check out their vision to revamp The Walthamstow Granada, which even includes a programme to develop Education and Community projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment